Crockpot French Onion Soup
- 3 each 3 each onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon or vegetale boulilon
- 4 cups water hot
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 each 4 each bread, french slices, toasted*
- 1/4 cup parmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated grated
- not incl. in nutrient facts
In skillet cook onions in butter, until lightly browned.
In crockpot combine browned onions in butter with bouillon, water, worcestershire sauce and salt.
Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
Top each bowl with toasted french bread, sprinkled with cheese.
Recipe may be doubled, kept hot and served from crockpot.
First published: 1996-01-27 last updated: 2012-09-25