MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1 (thick!) slice
PointsPlus® value 4*
HG Alternative! To make this bread into muffins, evenly distribute the batter among 8 cups of a muffin pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, let cool, and enjoy!
- One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins Original Sweetened Dried Cranberries (or regular raisins), chopped
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice (in other words, all dry ingredients except for the Craisins or raisins).
In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract (all the wet ingredients). Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just blended.
Slowly sprinkle chopped Craisins or raisins into the batter, making sure they don't all stick together, and mix to distribute them.
Spoon batter into a large loaf pan (about 9" X 5") sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the top of the loaf is firm to the touch. (Bread may be moist inside. This doesn't mean it's undercooked.) Allow to cool, and then cut into 8 slices. Enjoy!