Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 (9-ounce) packages cheese tortellini
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low bowl.
Reduce heat to medium low; simmer. stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the tortellini to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese and parsley.
You'll also love
- Pasta Bolognese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini and Spinach Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STUFFED MUSHROOM CAPS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Shrimp & Chorizo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Fettuccine alla Carbonara 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream of Butternut Squash 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with pumpkin cream sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Skewers 0/5 (0 Votes)