Michael Symon's Shrimp with Corn and Basil
- 1 pound Shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for finish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Crushed Red Chile Flake (to taste)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 Ears Corn
- 1/2 bunch Basil
- 1 Pint Sweet 100 Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the shrimp with salt, and pepper.
Add the olive oil to skillet, once hot, add the shrimp. Sear on both sides. Add the onion, garlic and chili flakes to taste. Add a pinch of salt, and cook until softened. Add the corn and tomatoes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add lime zest and juice and a splash of water, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and add basil, butter and a last drizzle of olive oil to finish. Transfer to plate and serve. .
You'll also love
- Blueberry Malt Milkshake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Maryland Crab Cakes with Quick... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream of Potato Soup - Vitamix 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Low Carb Spinach Ricotta Casserole 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Spiked Shrimp and Sausage 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cornmeal Pancakes with Rasperry... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)