Seared Tuna With Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil plus
- extra for searing
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion - (2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ripe mangos peeled, seeded, and small diced
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper - (to 2) to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 tuna steaks
Saute the olive oil, onions, and ginger in a large saute pan over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the mangos, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and jalapeño; cook for 10 more minutes, until orange juice is reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Heat a saute pan over high heat for 5 minutes until very hot. Season the tuna liberally with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and then the tuna steaks. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the outside is browned, but the inside is very rare.
Serve the tuna on top of the mango salsa.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (468 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)