Crostini with Shrimp
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 3/4-inch-thick slices country bread
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large lemon, quartered
Adapted from health.com
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. On stove, place a steamer basket in a pan over 1 inch of boiling water. Add corn; steam until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season shrimp with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
2. Oil grill grates. Grill corn and shrimp, turning, until corn is charred and shrimp are just pink and opaque, 4 to 6 minutes. Add bread; grill, turning often, until charred, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Cut kernels from corn in planks. Place bread on plates; smash avocado into bread. Top with arugula, shrimp and corn. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over crostini and serve.