Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 1 pound parsnips peeled
- 1 large sweet potato peeled
- 1 small butternut squash - (abt 2 lbs) peeled, seeded
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, and butternut squash in 1- to 1 1/4-inch cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.
Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
Sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
This recipe yields ?? servings.