Sea Foam Salad
- (Double this recipe if you want to make a 9 x 13)
- 1 small package lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup real Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. Horseradish (secret ingredient – be sure it is "prepared horseradish" and not horseradish sauce or some other product – it is found in grocery store refrigerated area)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 120mins
Stir boiling water and juice, strained from pineapple, into gelatin. Stir for a few minutes until completely dissolved. Chill (about 30 or 45 minutes) until *syrupy. Whip with electric beaters until very, very foamy. Fold in pineapple, mayonnaise, horseradish, pecans and cottage cheese.
Pour into 8” square or gelatin mold and chill.
*syrupy - During the chilling process, mixture goes from (1) liquid to (2) syrupy to (3) partially jelled. Try to catch before jelling.