Roasted Peppers with Garlic & Herbs
This side pairs well with London broil, lamb burgers, or grilled chicken.
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange), halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place peppers, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Divide garlic among peppers. Sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper. Roast until flesh is tender and skin is blistered in spots, 35 minutes. Transfer peppers to a platter and top with a small handful torn basil leaves.