Endive, Orange & Roquefort Salad
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 ounces French Roquefort cheese, 1/2 inch diced (or any blue such as Stilton or Danish blue)
- 1 sweet red apple, unpeeled, cored and medium diced
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1 orange
1. In a small bowl whisk the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, 1 tsp. salt and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Set aside.
2. Toast the walnuts in a dry saute pan over low heat for 5 to 10 min.
3. Cut the heads of endive in half lengthwise, remove the triangle of core at the base of each half so the leaves seperate, and cut the leaves in half again lengthwise. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle the leaves with vinaigrette and add the walnuts, Roquefort and apple. Add the arugula and toss.
4. Zest the orange into the salad with a strip zester. Peel the orange and remove the white pith around the orange with a small sharp knife. Cut the orange sections between the membranes and toss them on the salad. Discard the membranes, sprinkly with salt and serve.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peaches 'n' Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sticky Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Baby Spinach and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Greek Kale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Glazed Haddock 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils, Red Endive and Honey... 0/5 (0 Votes)