- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, melted
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until walnuts are
ground, stopping to scrape down sides.
Add melted butter, and process until blended.
Press mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer
until smooth; add 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended.
Add chocolate and liqueur, beating until blended.
Spoon into crust, and chill 8 hours.
Store in refrigerator up to 4 days, if desired.
Beat whipping cream at medium speed with electric mixer until foamy; add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
Spread on top of pie just before serving.
Makes 1 9" pie.