- 1 1/2 cup diced onion,
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 package ground turkey, beef or lamb
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup crush tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons parsley or dill
- 1 container mixed frozen vegetables, thawed (or 2-3 cups of fresh vegetables of your choice, sautéed)
- Your favorite mashed potato recipe
Spray a casserole dish and preheat oven to 350.
Sautee onion for about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and thyme and cook about 2 more minutes.
Add ground turkey and cook through. Season with salt and pepper.
Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaf and vegetables.
Cook and cover for 20 minutes.
Remove bay leaf and add fresh herbs.
Fill casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes.
Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes.