Baked Mac and Cheese
- 41/2 cups (12 0z.) uncooked penne pasta (tube shaped)
- 1 (12 ounce) carton 2 per cent low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 OZ) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 OZ) grated fresh Parmesan sheese duvuded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place in a large bowl.
Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add the cheese mixture to pasta and stir well. Spoon mixture into and 11 x 7 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, panko and oarsley in a smal bowl, Sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Preheat boiler (do not remove dish from the oven)
Broil pasta 1 minute or until top browns.