Apple Cinnamon Kugel with Tofutti Sour Cream
This Apple Cinnamon Kugel with Tofutti Sour Cream is delicious served warm or at room temperature, and makes a scrumptious sweet and creamy dish that serves a crowd. This recipe is great for potlucks, any holiday dessert table, or just any occasion that craves a creamy, dreamy custard-y treat.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine, softened, about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples, about 2 large
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 cup sugar and softened margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and eggs. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Stir in apples.
Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with combination of remaining ¼ cup sugar and the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Bake until tester toothpick or skewer comes out with just barely moist crumbs, about 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Garlic Parmesan pull-apart Bread 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Fire Roasted Tomato Soup 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Breakfast Nests 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- No-Bake Cheesecake Bars with Fresh... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy Rich Chocolate Caramels... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Double Fudge Brownie Mix in a Jar 4.3/5 (34 Votes)