Stir Fried Chicken with Broccoli
Dinner - 1 3/4 cups per serving (6 ppv)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil - divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil - divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger root - finely chopped
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 lb. chicken cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 20 cashews roughly chopped
Heat large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Cook 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir fry until starting to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
Add remaining tsp of vegetable oil, pepper and broccoli to same pan, stir fry for 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan, pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Toss with remaining 1/2 tsp of sesame oil. Sprinkle with cashews and serve.