Sweet, Salty, Spicy Party Nuts
This technique is much easier than the stovetop pan method. You'll get beautiful, perfectly frosted nuts that are roasted evenly, with no bitter burned spots.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup untoasted walnut halves
- 1 cup untoasted pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 27mins
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
Combine walnut halves, pecan halves, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper; toss to coat.
Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Slowly pour butter mixture over the bowl of nuts and stir to coat.
Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
Bake nuts in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie Cookies 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Mango, Pineapple, Banana, Orange... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Cajun Turkey Injection Sauce 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Old Fisherman’s Grotto Monterey... 4/5 (108 Votes)
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Brunch Ring 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatillo & Green Olive... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
- Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.4/5 (34 Votes)