Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. Extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded (2 cups)
- 1-8 oz. Pkg. Cream cheese
- 1/2-2oz. Jar sliced pimento, rinsed, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 2 T apricot preserves
- 1 T milk
- 1-1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 t hot pepper sauce
- 15 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained
- 1/4 c pistachio nuts, chopped
In large mixing bowl combine cheddar and cream cheese; let stand at room temperature for 30 mins. Add pimentos, apricot preserves, milk, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Crumble 10 bacon slices and add to cheese mixture. Beat with mixer on med until almost smooth.
Crumble remaining bacon, cover and chill cheese mixture and the remaining bacon about 2 hours or until easy to handle. Shape cheese mixture into a ball; cover and chill. Just before serving, roll in crumbled bacon and pistachios.