Loin Of Pork With Green Peppercorns
- 1 bone-in pork loin - (abt 5 lbs, 10 bones) Frenched and tied
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard divided
- 4 teaspoons whole-grain mustard divided
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- Kosher salt as needed
- Freshly-ground black pepper as needed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup good white wine
- 3 cups Chicken Stock (see recipe) (or use canned broth)
- 1/4 cup green peppercorns in brine drained
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Allow the pork to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Place the pork, fat-side up, in a roasting pan just large enough to hold it comfortably. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of each mustard, the fennel seed, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Rub the mixture on top of the pork and roast for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cutting board, and cover tightly with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
For the sauce, remove all but 1/4 cup of fat from the roasting pan. If there isn't 1/4 cup, add enough butter to the pan to make 1/4 cup total. Over medium heat, whisk the flour into the fat in the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and scrape up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock, the remaining 2 teaspoons of each mustard, the green peppercorns, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
Remove the strings from the roast pork, slice between the bones, and serve warm with the hot sauce.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (133 Votes)