Lamb Sausage In Puff Pastry
- 1 pound fresh 1/2"-thick lamb sausage
- 2 sheets commercial puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard plus
- extra for serving
- 1 egg beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water or milk for egg wash
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Bake the sausage on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. Turn the sausage and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more, until it's fully cooked. Cool to room temperature.
Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured board. Cut each piece in 1/2 lengthwise and brush the top sides with mustard. Divide the sausage into 4 equal pieces. Starting at the long end of the pastry, place 1 piece of the sausage on top of the mustard and roll it up tightly, overlapping the end by 1/2-inch and sealing the pastry by brushing the edge with water. Cut off the excess pastry. Roll the other 3 pieces of sausage in puff pastry.
Place the 4 rolls, seam-side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the egg wash. Lightly score each roll diagonally to make 7 equal pieces. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned. Slice and serve hot with mustard.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb and Vegetable... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Lamb Curry 5/5 (5 Votes)
- LINGUIÇA DE LOMBO FLAMBADA NA... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)