Beef and Broccoli
The blending of beef and fresh broccoli creates a hearty and appetizing topping for pasta.
Per serving: Cal. 348; sugars 3.3g; fat 13g; sodium 762mg
- 8 oz spaghetti (gluten free)
- 12 oz boneless sirloin steak
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil (find substitute)
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of broccoli soup (make own)
- 1 tablespoon Low sodium (gluten free) Soy sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. cook the pasta according to the package directions: drain and keep warm
2. meanwhile, slice the steak across the grain into very thin (1/4") strips.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the steak and garlic in the hot oil, stirring continually, until steak is browned through, about 7 min.
4. add the onion wedges to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until the onion softens, about 5 min.
5. add the soup, 1/4 cup water and the soy sauce to the beef mixture; mix well. Bring to a boil.
6. add the broccoli to the mixture. reduce the heat to low. cover and simmer until broccoli is tender, 8-10 min. Serve over pasta.
* Cook the spaghetti in boiling water that has been seasoned with 2 cubes of beef bouillon to add extra flavor to the dish.
* Variation Idea: you can make this meal in a slow cooker. Combine the sliced steak, oil, garlic, onion, soup, water, and soy sauce in slow cooker. heat on high for 4 hours. add the broccoli florets and continue to gook for 30 minutes. meanwhile cook the spaghetti. serve the beef and broccoli over spaghetti.