Herbed Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese room temperature
- 10 1/2 ounces mild goat cheese room temperature (such as Montrachet)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic - (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons low-fat milk - (to 6)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 loaf dense 7-grain bread thinly sliced
- 1 hothouse cucumber unpeeled
To make the spread: Place the cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, 5 tablespoons milk, salt, and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add an additional tablespoon of milk if the spread is very thick.
To make the sandwiches: Spread each slice of the bread with the goat cheese spread. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds and arrange on half of the bread slices. Top with the remaining bread and press slightly. Cut the sandwiches into halves, thirds, or triangles.
This recipe yields ?? servings.