- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice - (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion - (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato seeded, diced small
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. (I use my hands.) Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 3 cups.