"Creamy" Chicken and Tomato Soup (Slow Cooker)
This recipe is so simple it's stupid. You don't even need to thaw your chicken breasts before dumping them in the crock pot. I assembled this on Friday morning and was too un-caffinated to take pictures, but crock pot meals aren't the prettiest anyway. As always, this recipe makes a LOT! Save a couple of meals worth, and freeze the rest for nights next week that you don't want to cook. Bonus points if you freeze them in individual servings. Easy!
- 8 frozen chicken breast, skinless boneless
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans coconut milk (full fat), shake before opening can to avoid separation
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes and juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 jar your favorite tomato sauce
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from plainchicken.com
Put all the above ingredients into the crock-pot, cook for 9 hours on low.
After 9 hours take two forks and shred the chicken, set the crock-pot on warm till ready to serve (making sure to taste it before serving to make sure there is enough salt and pepper)