Green Salad With Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 extra-large egg yolk room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Salad greens or mesclun mix for 6 to 8 people
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, egg yolk, salt, and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Toss the greens with enough dressing to moisten and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Caution: The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell..."