Beef and Tortellini Soup
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes.
COOK TIME: 40 Minutes.
SERVINGS: 6 (2 1/2 qt.)
- 5 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 lb. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into
- 1/2 -in. cubes
- 3 tsp. butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups frozen beef tortellini
1. Place 2 Tbsp. flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick Dutch oven, brown beef in butter; remove and keep warm.
2. In the same pan, saute the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, 1 cup water, thyme, pepper, salt and reserved beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the tortellini; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until tender.
3. Combine remaining flour and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
You'll also love
- Balsamic-Maple Acorn Squash 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER PORK TENDERLOIN 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Trattoria-style shrimp fettuccine 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Philly Wine... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tortellini Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)