Don't let this uncommon combination of ingredients throw you, this stuff is awesome! It's the perfect accompaniment for Holiday ham, or any day.
- 2 (20 oz) cans pineapple chunks, drained well
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
Drain all cans of pineapple well in a colander. (Discard or drink the juice!)
Coarsely crush the Ritz crackers and place in a mixing bowl. Drizzle the melted margarine over the top then toss to incorporate. Set aside.
Lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Stir in the cheese and well-drained pineapple. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Top with the buttered crackers.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.