ZESTY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
- Recipe By : My Recipes
- Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Vegetables
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 3 pkg frozen broccoli flowerets -- (10 oz. each)
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese -- (3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened -- (4 oz.)
- 1 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, sliced -- (8 oz.)
- 3/4 cup panko, Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
Preheat over to 375
Arrange broccoli in an even layer in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar and cream cheeses; stir until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and water chestnuts. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
Place panko in a small bowl. Drizzle with butter, and toss. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Lightly spray breadcrumb layer with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble and breadcrumbs brown.