pizza dough for calzone (King Arthur)
- 2 cups luke warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp or pacet of active dry yeast
- 6 cups all purpouse flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in one cup of flour then add salt then stir in 4 1/2 cups flour. When the dough begins to pull away from the side of the bowl it is ready to be kneaded.
- Knead dough using remaing half cup of flour. Knead dough for 3-4 minutes. Let dough rest a few minutes and begin kneading for 3-4 more minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover the bowl with a damp towel, and set it aside to rise until it has doubled in size. This should take 1-2 hours.
- Punch dough down, and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape dough and bake as you would like.