- Recipe By : Lynne Harbold
- Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Vegetables
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 large can yams
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- or 1 tablespoon Tang powder.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10-15 large marshmallows
Reserve 1/4 - 1/2 cup yam liquid. Drain the rest. Melt butter, sugar, orange concentrate, spices and 1/4 cup yam liquid in saucepan. Break up yams and mash with mixer beaters adding liquid as needed until correct consistency. Place mixture in buttered casserole: 1/2 yams, l layer marshmallows, remaining yams, top with marshmallows. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350.