Warm Mushrooms On Mixed Greens
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms (such as white, stemmed shiitake and/or portabella caps)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Cut mushrooms in bite-sized pieces (makes about 6 cups). Place salad greens in a large bowl; set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until just beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in pine nuts and garlic; cook and stir until nuts are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
Pour mushroom mixture over salad greens; toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.