Warm Mushroom And Chicken Salad Provencal
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts cut 1/2" strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots - (abt 8 oz)
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peeled seeded cucumbers
- 4 cups lettuce leaves
Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and carrots; cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute longer. Using a slotted spoon remove chicken and vegetable mixture to a serving bowl; set aside.
Heat juices in skillet over high heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 3 minutes. Pour over reserved chicken and mushroom mixture; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Just before serving add cucumbers and toss with Tarragon Dressing. Serve in lettuce cups.
Tarragon Dressing: In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)