Uncle Al's Sausage And Peppers Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage links - (abt 5) cut in halves
- 1 medium red onion quartered, separated
- 1 pound white mushrooms
- 1 large green or red bell pepper cut 1"-wide strips
- 8 ounces green beans halved
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (14 oz)
- 4 marinated hot cherry peppers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add the sausage; cook, turning to brown all sides, about 3 minutes. Add the onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large baking dish or small roasting pan, combine mushrooms, peppers, green beans, tomatoes and seasonings. Stir in browned sausage and onions. Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
Serve garnished with Parmesan shavings, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.