Thai Curried Shrimp With Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons stir-fry flavored or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florettes
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions) in 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk* - (15 oz)
- 14 ounces frozen peeled shrimp uncooked
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* Available in most supermarkets or in Latin American or Indian food shops.
In a large wok or skillet heat oil until hot. Add white and shiitake mushrooms; stir fry until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli; stir-fry until nearly crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add green onions and curry powder; cook, stirring frequently, until curry is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk, shrimp, salt and red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally; until heated through and sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.