Smoky Spinach And Gruyere-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds large fresh white mushrooms - (abt 18)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 ounces spinach trimmed
- 1 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon-flavored bits
- 1/3 cup packaged dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons toasted walnuts crushed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove stems from mushroom (save for another use); place caps in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the oil, 2 teaspoons of the garlic, the salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow pan; roast, rounded-side up, until lightly cooked, about 8 minutes; remove from oven.
To prepare stuffing: Blanche spinach in boiling water for 1 minute; drain well and chop (makes about 1 1/4 cups); place in a medium bowl.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil; add green onions; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; add to bowl along with the Gruyere and bacon bits (makes about 2 cups); mix well.
Turn mushrooms cavity-side up. Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, walnuts and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 teaspoons garlic; mix well. Sprinkle over stuffed caps. Bake until browned, about 8 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 18 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)