Stained-Glass Cut Out Cookies
These stained-glass cookies make a gorgeous presentation and crazy easy to make. Crushed hard candy is used for the stained window effect - brilliantly delicious!
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Individually wrapped fruit-flavored hard candies in various colors (about 1 per cookie), unwrapped and crushed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 22mins
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually. Beat on low speed until combined. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
Heath oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with foil. Sprinkle counter surface with powdered sugar.
Roll out one portion of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters. Cut out holes for "stained glass" effect in each cookie with small cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Fill holes with crushed hard candies in various colors. Chill and re-roll dough as needed.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until candy has melted. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cookies carefully from foil.