- 1 loaf fruitcake (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 4 cups plain yogurt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Make fruitcake granola: Preheat the oven to 275. Crumble the cake into pea size pieces with your hands. Chop up any large chunks of fruit or nuts. Scatter the pieces on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and dry, 35-55 minutes, depending on the kind of fruitcake. Cool completely. (Leftover granola will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week).
2. Make the parfaits: Warm the blueberries in a small saucepan over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Strain, reserving the berries and juice separately. Return the juice to the pan and boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Divide the blueberry sauce among 4 tall parfait glasses. Add 1 cup yogurt to each and gently swirl. Top the parfaits with the fruitcake granola and blueberries