Salmon Filet With Mushrooms And Noodles
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 12 fresh shiitake mushrooms juliened
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon filet cut 12 slices
- 2/3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup matchstick-julienned peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions whites only
- 1 1/2 cups beanthread noodles soaked, then
- cut in halves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mushroom soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces tamarind paste juice only
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sweet basil leaves
Lightly salt and pepper salmon.
Heat a large skillet over high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute ginger and scallions. Add mushrooms and beanthread noodles, 1/3 teaspoon salt, sugar, mushroom soy sauce and pepper; stir-fry. Add chicken stock; continue stir-frying. Arrange noodle and mushrooms in center of heated serving platter; reserve.
In a large pan, over medium heat, add remaining olive oil. Lightly brown salmon filets. Arrange the salmon around the mushrooms and noodles on the platter.
Deglaze the pan with tamarind juice. Add remaining salt and heavy cream. Reduce sauce at a boil for 2 minutes. Add basil leaves. Pour sauce over salmon. Garnish. Serve immdeiately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Ranch Mushroom Wrap 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peppery Portabellas With Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushrooms And Pasta In Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Shrimp Sukiyaki 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Crusted Filet Of Flounder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chilled Sesame Noodles With Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon-Shiitake Teriyaki 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hoisin-Flavored Mushroom, Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)