Quick And Lean Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 tspns dried dill)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through turning once, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.
In same skillet heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, chicken broth, dill, salt and black pepper. Add reserved chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Portabella Mushroom Fajitas 0/5 (0 Votes)