Cranapple Crumble Mock Pie
- Fruit filling:
- 3/4 cup sweetened cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups tart apples, peeled and cubed (about four medium apples)
- Crumble Topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
Adapted from preparedpantry.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the cranberry juice, extract and flour together.
2. Add the brown sugar and stir till dissolved.
3. Add the cranberries and the apples. Stir to coat the apples with the liquid mixture.
4. For the streusel topping, mix the flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon together. Cut the butter into small prices and then cut into the mix with a pastry knife or two kitchen knives. Add the nuts.
5. Place the fruit filling in a deep-dish, nine-inch pan. Level the filling. Cover with the streusel topping.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the topping begins to brown.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until the streusel top begins to brown.
You will need a deep-dish, nine-inch pie pan for this dessert.