Pan-Grilled Mushroom Fajitas
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cut 1/4" thk slices
- 8 ounces portabella caps halved, and cut in 1/4" slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion cut 8 wedges
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper cut 1/2" strips
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 8 low-fat tortillas - (6" dia) warmed
Trim mushrooms; halve portabellas; slice white and portabella mushrooms in 1/4-inch thick slices.
In a large skillet, sprinkle salt; heat over high heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes; remove to bowl.
Add oil, onion and red pepper. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Return mushrooms to skillet; stir in jalapeño peppers and, if desired, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro; heat until hot.
Spoon an equal amount into the center of each tortilla; fold bottom and sides over the filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa, lime wedges and additional finely chopped jalapeños, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)