Pan Seared Portabella Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves torn bite size
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced Greek-style olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms - (2 medium)
In a large salad bowl place lettuce, onion, olives and feta cheese; set aside.
In a glass measuring cup combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, salt and black pepper; set aside.
Remove stems from mushroom caps; coarsely chop stems (makes about 3/4 cup). Cut caps in quarters then into 1/4-inch thick slices (makes about 3 cups).
In a large skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil; add chopped mushroom stems and sliced caps. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 4 minutes; cool slightly. Add mushrooms and reserved olive oil mixture to salad greens; toss gently. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.