Mushrooms Filled With Feta Cheese And Pine Nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled plain or flavored feta (or goat cheese)
- 1 pound small fresh white mushrooms
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove mushroom stems. Chop stems (makes about 1 cup); reserve.
In a medium bowl, place caps; toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. On a shallow baking pan, arrange mushroom caps, cavity-side down; bake until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a small skillet, over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion, garlic and reserved mushroom stems; cook and stir until stems are tender and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in pine nuts, oregano and pepper. Transfer to a bowl; stir in feta until mixture is well blended.
Turn mushrooms over, stuff with cheese mixture. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes; serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom-Spinach Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)