Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Greek yogurt replaces milk and eggs in strawberry shortcake cookies. Bits of fresh strawberry baked into the sweet morsels taste like little bursts of summer.
- Vanilla glaze:
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place strawberries, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar into a small mixing bowl and toss together until well coated. Place in refrigerator and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the remaining flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in the butter until a fine/even, grainy texture forms.
Stir in the Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined. Fold in the strawberry mixture and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and spoon on 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, about 1 inch apart.
Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until the cookies have barely started to brown on top. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
While the cookies cool, make the glaze. Place the sugar, milk and vanilla into a small bowl and gently stir together with a fork until no lumps remain. Drizzle glaze over cookies and serve or allow to set, about 30 minutes, before serving.
You'll also love
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- TUNA-MACARONI SALAD 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY PIE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttermint Ice Cream with White... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Cranberry Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 2 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Custard Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 5/5 (1 Votes)