Mushrooms And Pasta In Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 16 ounces rotelle (corkscrew) pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 can ready-to-serve chicken broth - (14 3/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini in 1" by 1/4" pieces
- 8 ounces cooked ham cut 1 1/2" by 1/2"
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to manufacturer's directions; drain and put in a large serving bowl.
Meanwhile, in a 12- by 8- by 2-inch microwaveable baking pan, place garlic and butter. Microwave on High until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir mushrooms into butter; microwave uncovered on High until mushrooms are nearly tender, about 8 minutes, stirring once.
In a cup combine chicken broth, cornstarch, salt and black pepper until smooth; stir into mushrooms. Microwave uncovered on High until hot, about 8 minutes, stirring once. Add zucchini, ham and cherry tomatoes; microwave uncovered on High until mixture thickens and boils, about 9 minutes, stirring twice.
Stir in Parmesan cheese; pour over reserved pasta; toss gently. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.