Mushroom-Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (4 oz ea)
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse, pat dry and chop mushrooms (makes about 2 cups); set aside.
Wash spinach; place in a saucepan. Cook, covered, only with the water clinging to the leaves until barely wilted. Drain well, squeezing out excess water; chop (makes 1/2 cup); set aside.
In large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil until hot. Add onion and reserved mushrooms; saute until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, black pepper and reserved spinach; cook and stir for 1 minute; set aside to cool.
Meanwhile flatten each chicken breast by placing between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap and pounding with a mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4-inch thick. Spoon 1/4 of the mushroom mixture onto center of each chicken breast. Roll lengthwise; secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Place in a 9 inch square shallow baking pan.
Combine wine with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, basting frequently, until chicken is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Portabella And Pear... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Korean-Style Fresh Mushroom And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon With Black Trumpets And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cornish Hens With Eggplant And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Lobster With Warm Corn,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Quick Italian Spinach Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Boneless Chicken Breasts 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Hot Spinach And... 5/5 (1 Votes)