- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 2 crusty rolls - (abt 6" long)
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach, arugula or lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- 1 large roasted red pepper cut in strips
In a medium skillet, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until mushroom liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl to cool slightly; wipe out the skillet.
Cut rolls horizontally in halves. Spread pesto over cut surfaces. On the bottom halves, layer the spinach, mozzarella, pepper and mushrooms, dividing equally on the bottom halves; cover with the tops.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet; weight them with a heavy saucepan or skillet. Cook until browned, about 1 minute on each side. Cut rolls in halves.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom, Bacon And Onion Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)