- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 6-ounce package chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
1) Place finely chopped chocolate into a medium bowl.
2) In a heavy saucepan, heat the whipping cream until scalding. Pour warmed whipping cream over the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Carefully stir in the butter and vanilla or almond extract.
3) Cover and refrigerate overnight. Chocolate will be fairly hard.
4) Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Using a melon baler or tsp, scoop out into small balls and set on the cookie sheet.
5) In a microwave-safe pitcher, zap the chocolate chips on High for 1 minute or until melted. Stir and set aside.
6) Using a small sieve, carefully dust the bonbons with cocoa powder.
7) Carefully pour the cooled, melted chocolate over the bonbons. Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.