Mushroom Shrimp Sukiyaki
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 large green peppers sliced
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 pound frozen shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- 6 servings hot cooked rice
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (makes 3 3/4 cups). Set aside.
In a large skillet heat oil. Add celery, green peppers and onions. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are pale gold. Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar and sherry. Gradually add to sauteed vegetables. Bring to boiling point.
Add reserved mushrooms and shrimp. Return to boil; reduce heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. If desired, thicken sauce with 1 tablespoon cornstarch blended with 1 tablespoon water. Blend into mixture and cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring often.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)