Mushroom Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 oil-packed flat anchovy filets drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely-diced sweet red bell pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
To prepare Lemon Vinaigrette: In a food processor or blender container, combine olive oil, lemon juice, anchovies, salt, pepper and mustard; blend until smooth.
Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms with bell pepper; toss with 1/2 cup of the Lemon Vinaigrette; let stand 5 minutes.
In another large bowl, combine salad greens with remaining vinaigrette; toss until well combined. Place dressed greens on a platter; top with marinated mushrooms. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.