Almond Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
- For the Chicken:
- 1 About 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breasts, or chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c slivered almonds
- For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour (optional)
For the chicken:
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil or cooking spray.
Combine the Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl or plastic bag.
Add the chicken, and mix to completely coat each piece.
Place the almond in a shallow dish.
Dip the coated chicken into the almonds to cover on both sides, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
For the Sauce:
In a sauce pan, cook shallots in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened, adding flour if necessary
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (883 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)